
Today, December 28, 2008, the Thakoon collection made for Target officially hit stores. For those who are not familiar with Thakoon, he is an American designer whose clothes are feminine with a sporty, youthful approach. He is also a favorite of the soon to be First Lady Michelle Obama.
The line which runs between $14.99-$44.99 is so affordable that you won't feel bad leaving with more than one item. Believe me, the clothes are that irresistible. I tried on all pieces today at Target and the fit is impeccable. Below I want to highlight some of my favorite pieces and how to wear them.
Navy and White Shibori Print Cardigan
I knew this cardigan would be my favorite piece in the collection from the beginning. The silhouette is feminine, but the print makes it different and youthful. You can wear this cardigan over a dress or dressed down with jeans and a tank.
Camo Print T-shirt Navy/Yellow
This t-shirt is a fun print and easy to pair with anything. I plan on wearing it tucked into a a high-waisted skirt or tucked into wide leg jeans with a blazer for a dressier look than your normal t-shirt and jeans look.
Gauze Button Top- All colors and prints
This top has a perfect and flattering cut along the neckline and shoulders (even though it does not look so amazing on the fit model in the picture). This top is the perfect purchase in any color/print. Because of the cut it looks more expensive that it really is. I plan on wearing mine tucked into wide leg jeans paired with a fur vest for a casual daytime look.
Colorblock Shift Dress Ebony/Grey
This dress was the biggest surprise for me. I expected that it would be pretty shapeless and that the cut would be all wrong but I was pleasantly surprised. This dress has a cute twisted detail at the neckline and hem that gives the dress something special. If you have at least a little bit of a body this dress will show off all your good assets and hide the tummy area. I plan on wearing mine out with a belt sitting low on the waist and booties.
Floral Bikini
The print is what makes this bikini. It is a bright floral that reminds me of a bathing suit print you would see from Missoni. I believe that the classic triangle top style works better than the other styles presented within this collection. I plan on pairing this bikini with huge sunglasses, wavy hair, a margarita, and maybe a few cute surfers ;-)
Happy Shopping
No comments:
Post a Comment